Thursday, January 21, 2010

Book on Maine: A Soldier's Son - An American Boyhood During World War II


This past Christmas I received a book from my daughter.  She knows that I am interested in books about Maine and history in general. The book is entitled "A Soldier's Son: An American Boyhood During World War II".  It is written by John E. Hodgkins - a long-time resident of Maine and "the son".  The book is non-fiction and is about a family from the small town of Temple, Maine (to the northwest of Farmington at the end of Route 43) that endures the separation of their father when he goes off to fight in the war. The book is very well written and an enjoyable read.  I took it on my first trip of the year and had finished it before my return to Maine.  Couldn't put it down.  To read reviews or buy the book on Amazon.com click on the following link:

A Soldier's Son: An American Boyhood During World War II




No comments: